Oven Roasted Vegetables


Dressing
1/4 c. Olive oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegarette
1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
1/2 tsp Rosemary, dried
1 tsp Basil, dried
4-5 cloves Garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper to taste

Vegetables
4 Potatoes, cubed with skin on
1/2 Onion, sliced
2 Sweet bell peppers, cubed
1 Zucchini, cut into bite-size
8-10 White mushrooms
Handful of snowpeas

Preheat the oven to 450˚F.

Combine the dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Mix together the pepper, zucchini, mushrooms and snowpeas. Toss them in the dressing until coated. Transfer the vegetables to another bowl and set aside.


Toss the potatoes an onions with the remaining dressing.

Spray the bottle of a roasting pan with oil.

Spread the potatoes and onions evenly on the roasting pan.



Bake for 10 min and flip them potatoes.

Add the rest of the vegetables. Toss to mix.

Bake for 10 min and flip the veggies once. Bake again for another 10 min.





My comment:

Summer is a great time to include fresh vegetables to your diet. You can get delicious vegetables at your local grocery store for really decent price. For this reason, sometimes I go overboard with buying the vegetables but I don't actually eat them fast enough. I always have these great ideas on how I want to prepare the vegetables and never actually execute the ideas. Thus I always end up with loads of veggies on the verge of rotting in my fridge.

What is wonderful about this recipe is its versatility and it is so easy to do. I got the idea from All Recipes and then did my own thing based on what I have available at home. The dressing turned out absolutely delicious and the vegetables were cooked perfectly.

I cooked these veggies slightly different from the method I stated above. We made oven-baked porkchops for dinner tonight and we didn't have enough room to fit everything. So I cooked the potatoes and onions first, removed them from the oven and set aside. When the porkchops were almost done, I roasted the rest of the veggies for 10 min and then added the cooked potatoes to the roasting pan for the last 10 min to reheat the potatoes. This worked out really well and we had a wonderfully delicious dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Curry Stir-Fried Rice

Orange Poppy Seed Cookies

Chinese Beef Congee