Spicy Peanut Sauce


1/2 c. Natural chuncky peanut butter
1/2 c. Hot water
2 tbsp Soya sauce
3 tsp Honey
1/2 tsp Chopped garlic from a bottle
1 Small chilli pepper, chopped
Sesame oil


In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and hot water. Stir until smooth.

Add the soya sauce, honey, garlic and chilli pepper.

Drizzle a little bit of sesame oil before serving.


My comment:

I got this recipe from Mrbunsrocks whose blog I stalk on a daily basis. Her recipes (and photos) always look absolutely amazing and I have always wanted to try them out. Finally, I found something that I've always wanted to make and looks easy to do: Spring Rolls. I was particularly interested in this recipe because I like to order this when I go to a Vietnamese restaurant. My hubby can't eat the fish sauce that comes with these rice wraps but he found the wraps a bit bland on its own. So I thought if I can make this at home, I can make a sauce my hubby can eat! I have adapted her recipe and made my own Vietnamese spring rolls which my hubby really enjoyed.

Along with the spring roll recipe, Mrbunsrocks also provided a peanut sauce recipe. I mostly followed her instructions and it was THE BEST peanut sauce I have ever had. It is so good that I am drooling just thinking about it! The peanut flavour was strong with hints of sesame, garlic and honey. This would also make a great sauce for cold pastas, which is what I'm going to make with the leftover peanut sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Curry Stir-Fried Rice

Orange Poppy Seed Cookies

Vegetable Risotto