Green Egg Salad

1 Avocado, riped
1 tbsp Lime juice
4 Eggs, hard boiled, chopped
1 tbsp Red onion, chopped
2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
Fresh ground pepper
1/4 c. Sunflower seeds

Blend together the avocado and the lime juice until smooth.

Add the onion, garlic powder, Cayenne pepper, ground pepper and sunflower seeds.

Finally, mix in the eggs.

Serve on toasted bread.


My comments:

This is the second recipe I tried from the Egg Salad Contest from CBC Radio. I made a few modifications to the recipe and it was pretty good but not as good as the Curry Egg Salad. In fact, this tasted like a guacamole sandwich rather than an egg salad. The sunflower seeds was a real nice touch and add a bit of texture and flavour to the sandwich.

I don't recommend bringing this to work for lunch like I did. It gave me major guacamole breath and I was rather self-conscious around my co-workers. I tried swallowing the whole pack of mints but it didn't seem to help.

I don't think I will make this again because if I want to smell like guacamole, I'd rather just have guacamole because I LOVE guacamole with tortilla chips. However, this is different from the traditional egg salad sandwiches and I would suggest you at least try this recipe once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Curry Stir-Fried Rice

Orange Poppy Seed Cookies

Vegetable Risotto