Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie


1 pkg (8 oz. ; 250 g) Cream cheese (light), softened to room temperature
1 container (1 L) Whipped topping (light), thawed in fridge
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 pint Fresh raspberries
1 1/2 c. Oreo baking crumbs
1/4 c. Butter, melted


Alternative: Instead of fresh raspberries, use 1 can (400 mL) crushed pineapple and press the pineapples into the strainer to squeeze out as much juice as possible.  Reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup.

Combine the oreo crumbs with the butter. Press it onto the bottom of a 9" pie plate.

In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth using a electric mixer.

Blend in the whipped topping until smooth.

Mash the raspberries with a fork and fold into the cream cheese mixture.

Pour the mixture onto the oreo pie crust and refrigerate until set.



My comment:

This was a super easy no-bake cheesecake recipe with super tasting results. The cream cheese filling is smooth and creamy. It is lightly sweetened and the fresh fruity taste of the raspberries complimented the cream cheese perfectly. The raspberries juice gave the pie a beautiful pink colour. And of course, the oreo pie crust was just the best!!

I must be honest and tell you that I did not come up with this recipe all by myself. I had a slice of pineapple cream cheese pie at a BBQ and it was so good that I couldn't stop thinking about it when I got home. I adapted this Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie recipe with fresh raspberries because Hubby doesn't like pineapple and I also used oreo crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs.

When I whipped up the cream cheese mixture the first time, I realized I had way too much of it and I couldn't possibly fit it all into my pie plate. So I divided the cream cheese mixture in half, used half of it for the raspberries and the other half for the pineapple. My pineapple cream cheese pie was awesome awesome awesome!! Just as good as the one I had at the BBQ. :)

I made one little mistake with this recipe: I didn't pre-thaw the whipped topping because I didn't read the instructions on the container. But I was impatient and I blended it into the creamcheese while it was still mostly frozen. It took a bit more time to do but it worked alright.

If you want to impress your friends at a potluck party, this recipe is a Must! It doesn't take long to do and it tastes superb. You can make them into mini-pies for dinner parties using little ramekins instead of a big pie plate.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey there! I'm Valeria and I just love your blog...I really like cooking for my friends so I will follow a lot. Um and this one looks delicious, I'll definately try it.

I will follow along. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Curry Stir-Fried Rice

Orange Poppy Seed Cookies

Vegetable Risotto