Ham and Cheese Breakfast Muffins


4 Eggs
3/4 c. Milk
1 tbsp Honey Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
5 c. Bread (approx. 5 slices)
1 c. Cheese, shredded (eg. Mozzarella, Cheddar, Swiss...anything you like)
1/2 c. Ham, cubed
1/2 Onion, medium size, diced
12 Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Butter the muffin pan or use a silicone muffin mold or liner.

Whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.

Stir in the bread, cheese, onion and ham in to the egg mixture until evenly coated.

Spoon into muffin pan and drizzle in any leftover liquid.

Place 1-2 halves of the cherry tomatoes on each muffin.

Bake for approximately 25 min. The muffins should be golden on top and the toothpicked inserted in the center should come out clean.

Cool on rack for 10 min before serving.




My comments:

I received a Got Milk calendar for free in the mail. There are tons of recipes that looks delicious and probably easy to do. Most of the recipes use ingredients that can be easily be found around the house on any given day.

I had some cottage pork roll leftover from dinner the night before and tons of mozzarella cheese in the fridge. So I thought I'd give this breakfast muffin recipe a go. The muffins were pretty easy to make and it used up a lot of my old bread that will probably be thrown out in a few days anyway. I also threw in some fresh onions and Dijon mustard. These muffins were tastey and healthy too!

In the future, I think I'll use a stronger cheese, such as cheddar, to bring out the cheese flavour a bit more. Also, I think sprinkles of basils (or your favourite herb) would make a very savoury addition as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Curry Stir-Fried Rice

Orange Poppy Seed Cookies

Vegetable Risotto