Rosemary and Garlic Chicken


4 Chicken thighs, skinless
4 sprigs of Rosemary
1 Onion, medium size, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp Lemon juice
Salt & Pepper


In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Add a little bit of salt and pepper for taste.

Cover the chicken with the mix and marinade in the fridge for an hour.

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Place the sliced onion on the bottom of a casserole dish.

Put the chicken on top of the onions and pour the rest of the marinade into the dish.

Lay the fresh rosemary on top of the chicken.

Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Cover with the casserole dish with tin foil and bake for another 30 minutes.



My comments:

I found the original recipe from AllRecipes.com and made a few modifications of my own. My chicken was wonderful; both Hubby and I enjoyed it tremendously. The meat was moist and flavourful. My only complaint is that I could barely taste the rosemary. I only used 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary this time because all the reviews agreed that less rosemary is better. So I was afraid of over-doing the rosemary and ruin my chicken.

Next time, I think I will add a little more rosemary to the chicken, perhaps even marinade the chicken with the rosemary. Also, I will use boneless chicken to make this recipe a little healthier (bake for 25 minutes).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Curry Stir-Fried Rice

Orange Poppy Seed Cookies

Vegetable Risotto